My New Blog

If you're finding my blog already and there's not much here yet, you're one of the privilaged first visitors =) Over the next few days, I'll be posting my first entrys of some of my first Pyrography Portraits - Wood burned Portraits. Check back soon, and I hope they inspire you!

I may sometimes post with smaller entries and fewer picture for each, posting as I move through a portrait, instead of putting it all up there at once. Partly so it's easy for me and maybe, too, so it's more fun for you, with the anticipation of what's coming next, right?!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pryrography Portrait - The Grandfather we never met Part 3.

 And on to part 3. The shading of the coats were very time consuming, requiring more time and patience than I first thought. But again, as they began to take shape, it was worth it.
 Seeing the 3-D form start coming forward was fun, too, as each section moved along.
 After the hats were done, the faces popped off the page much more, and I could see where I wanted to touch up areas and darken different elements. I tried to remind myself to go darker than I thought I should, as this is a common concern for new wood burners, they can tend to do a great job, but not go dark enough to gain the definition of the piece.
And here they are, done and ready to go to their new homes! Each one was unique to itself, even though I worked on them together for most of the stages. I think that's one of the fun aspects of it - the individual uniqueness. This was a fun project and a great learning curve.  Thanks for taking a peak, and now I'll have to get busy on a new pyrography portrait, so I have something new to post...

Happy end of summer, beginning of fall =)

No comments: