My New Blog

If you're finding my blog already and there's not much here yet, you're one of the privilaged first visitors =) Over the next few days, I'll be posting my first entrys of some of my first Pyrography Portraits - Wood burned Portraits. Check back soon, and I hope they inspire you!

I may sometimes post with smaller entries and fewer picture for each, posting as I move through a portrait, instead of putting it all up there at once. Partly so it's easy for me and maybe, too, so it's more fun for you, with the anticipation of what's coming next, right?!

Monday, August 19, 2013

Pyrography Portrait - The Grandfather we never met - Part 2.

 After basic shading was established for the faces, I began the ears and hair and the shading around the neck.  As I worked, I continued to go back and work here and there on the faces, as I saw the need.
 Bringing all three to the same stage was kind of a fun way to move along.  I worked individually on each one, using the shade guide photo as my reference, and trying to keep the dark tones somewhat relevant between the three images. I think the differences between them, though, just adds to the reality that each one is hand done, and that no two images will ever be alike, even when it's the same artist working from the same initial photograph. Each piece was truly unique unto itself.

I have a heap to learn still, but I'm enjoyng the process! I think that's half the fun =)

Once I felt I could move from the basics of the the faces, I moved to the suit jacket. I chose to do my own interpretation for the shading as the original photograph did not give much distinction for the different elements and sections of the jacket. Again, the work was slow, but I was happy with the results as I went along.

Time sure does fly when doing work like this =)

We're in the last two weeks of August now, can you believe it? Hope you are enjoying your summer, we sure are =)

No comments: